Starting with the Spring 2020 term, Lanier Technical College is GOING GREEN! This means on campus printing/copying for students will change starting January of 2020.
Students are provided $10.00 of printing money per term (200 pages of B&W) automatically at the start of each term. These funds are added on the first day of the term and during drop/add for late registrants. Once that original amount is used, students may add printing funds via our online service that utilizes PayPal (link available in January) or by visiting the business office of their attending campus. There will be no refunds of purchased printing funds.
NOTE: You cannot add funds to your printing account until after January 13, 2020. Instructions for how to view your printing balance, add funds, et cetera will be available on January 13, 2020.
Printing costs are:
$0.05 per page for Black & White prints/copies
$0.10 per page for Color prints/copies
Funds are cumulative for students as long as a student is considered active at LTC. This means printing funds "roll over" from one term to the next. Only if a student must REAPPLY to the college are funds forfeit. Here are some examples for clarification:
- A student uses $5.00 of their printing funds spring term. On returning for fall term, $10.00 is added to the printing account, bringing the total available printing funds to $15.00 for that student.
- A student uses all $10.00 of their printing funds and purchases an additional $10.00 of funds during spring term. At the end of the term, the student has $2.50 in printing funds left available. On returning for summer term, $10.00 is added to the account, bringing the total available printing funds to $12.50 for that student.
- A student uses $5.00 of their printing funds spring term. The student does not return summer or fall term and is changed to "inactive" by Student Affairs and must reapply for admission. When the student is changed to inactive, available funds are set to $0.00. If the student reapplies to the college and attends a future term, $10.00 will be added to the student's printing account at the start of that term.
- A student attends Term A and Term B (half terms). The student receives $10.00 in their printing account at the start of Term A and no funds at the start of Term B.
- A student attends Term B and NOT Term A. The student receives $10.00 in their printing account at the start of Term B and no funds at the start of Term A.
If a student experiences a printer jam, he/she should inform the instructor present (librarian if in an LTC library). The LTC instructor/librarian can then submit information regarding the specific printer, time of print, and number of pages to be refunded on the appropriate electronic form. The LTC HelpDesk will refund the pages within one business day of submission. Students may not request refunds directly.
The balance available on a student printing account is available for printing/copying ONLY. No other uses are allowed.
Funds are not transferable to other printing accounts.