Remind is a private mobile messaging platform that aims to help teachers, parents, students, and administrators to communicate. You can communicate with students using Remind via Blackboard, web browser, or the Remind smartphone app. One of the many benefits of using Remind is that faculty and students individual cell phone numbers are kept private. For more benefits, out 10 ways other instructors use Remind:
Remind enables faculty to:
- Have two-way text messaging between faculty and students without knowledge of personal phone numbers
- Include auto-translations
- Share links, document attachments, and photos. You can attach any type of file under 10MB (PDF,.doc, .mp4, .gif, .png, .jpeg, etc.) from the web.
- Each voice clip can be up to 20 seconds.
- Schedule messages ahead of time
- Create messages up to 600 text characters (a 5-fold increase from the basic version) using the
- Remind app on your mobile device or at Remind.com from any computer.
- Have voice calls without having access to personal phone numbers
- Create student groups (up to 9 people) - students can text back and forth with faculty oversight
- Access Remind from Blackboard Learn
- HOWTO- Get the Remind App: https://www.remind.com/apps/
- HOWTO- Edit my account: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/201742425
- HOWTO- Join a school: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016811900-Join-a-school
- HOWTO- Change notification preferences: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/206430755?
- HOWTO- send message(s) to individual, group or class: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000590990-Send-an-individual-group-class-or-role-based-message
- HOWTO- Manage who can contact you: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/206515684-Manage-who-can-contact-you
- HOWTO- Translate a message before sending: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019165200-Translate-a-message-before-sending
- What Remind messages look like: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/204430265-What-Remind-texts-look-like
- HOWTO-Block someone from contacting you: https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us/articles/210380866-Block-someone-from-contacting-you
- Three steps to creating a positive Remind culture in the classroom: https://www.remind.com/resources/creating-a-positive-remind-culture
- Share your favorite resources with just one click: https://www.remind.com/blog/introducing-share-on-remind
- Share your content from Remind: https://www.remind.com/blog/introducing-connected-accounts
SECURITY AND PRIVACY:
- Security Overview: https://plans.remind.com/rs/330-JDD-840/images/remind-security-overview.pdf
- Policy: https://www.remind.com/privacy-policy